Tuesday, May 02, 2006 by Admin · 3 comments
Google Sitemaps helps you in submitting your site to Google Index. Basically its just a way of informing googlebot what's in your site and where to crawl thus helping you get more traffic to your site. When Google Sitemaps appeared I immediately signed-up for it just to find out that I can't use it using Blogger.com/Blogspot.com because you need to put the xml file at the server root which we blogger user don't have access to.
But now that has change. You can add you blog to Google Sitemap by just submitting your blog's feed to Google Sitemap.
1. Login to Google Sitemaps
2. Add your site
3. Once your site is added click "Add a Sitemap"
4. Choose "Add General Web Sitemap"
5. Check all the boxes and add your site's feed.
6. Then go back to "My Site" once there click "verify"
7. Choose "Add META Tag" as a verification method
8. Copy the META tag listed below and paste it in your site's home page in the first <HEAD> section of the page, before the first <BODY> section. Save template and republish.
9. Then click "Verify" again and that's it, your blog is now successfully submitted to Google Sitemaps.
Text Link Ads
I was surfing the world wide web when I found this very helpful How to for removing a Magnetic Security Tag. This would have been handy f...
I installed the latest release of KBFX which is 0.4.9.1 last Monday and I just love it! What is KBFX you say well I'll let the develope...